I am sure Some of you are confused with this word “Unselling“. I learned the meaning of this word from one of the Social Media books and it perfectly fits in the world of Selling. In my last blog, one of my friends very rightly mentioned about the no of Impressions that a Company or an Entrepreneur creates by introducing himself on the Social Platform, be it Facebook or Twitter. His thought of promotions on the Social Media is to keep pushing his Products and Services Brochures, thereby getting Leads from it. I call them Pushers. Pushers are those Social media sales enthusiasts who are genuinely eager to share their Product Pitches. Instead of initiating conversations and participating in mutually beneficial interactions, Pushers serve a one-way stream of marketing propaganda that steadily flows out to no one in particular. The information is just focused only on the company, their brand, their products, and their messages. They haven’t considered how those messages influence their target customers. Even worse, the Pusher assumes that they have an audience. In actuality, they have no idea whether or not anyone is even paying attention to their never-ending product pitches. Lead Scrapping is common in todays world. But it does’nt help. (Lead Scraping is extracting information from websites)
Lemme reveal few very important aspects of Unselling Vs Selling/Scrapping on Social Media
1) Build Relationships on Social Media as oppose to forcing a sales transaction – Its gonna take time, but as you are establishing and growing these connects, you are developing not only relationships, but potential leads.
2) Avoid Bungee Jumping – Instead of jumping in and talking about what types of product or service you offer, or how good the prices were, or that you could offer free shipping, you should look for conversations about similar products and services happening on Social Media. You should participate in those conversations by offering help— suggestions, opinions, and answers to basic Product questions. In the process, you will develop a social following & a reputation as a trusted Subject Matter expert of that Product. What follows then is not not only leads, but customers too.
3) Exhibit Patience – This is Breaking News for everyone. But Social Selling or What I call as Unselling is not instantaneous. Unselling is a process that occurs over time. It requires consistent interaction with your prospects via social media so you can establish credibility for yourself as a good resource.
4) Brand You – Your Branding is important. Get active networking across the social platforms. Even though you may represent a company or product/ service other than your own, it’s still important for you (as the sales professional) to become the trusted expert. After all, people don’t really interact with a company or brand, but with the people within the company.
5) Engage with Existing Customers – In Social Selling, you benefit from the network of others. As you start building your social circle online, you should reach out to people you know first, especially existing customers. Use social Network to Thank Them and send them helpful info and tips.
6) Identify Industry Influencer’s – In addition to reaching out to customers, find out respected social influencer’s from your own industry, whether they are bloggers, analysts, designers, trendsetters. These are great people to connect with to help expand both your prospect base and your knowledge base!
7) Interact and Give back – A big part of Unselling is having positive interactions with your social connections. But you don’t have to wait for others to take action. You can be the one that re-tweet something they said on Twitter, share or Favorite an article they posted, or comment on their blog. Remember, successful communication is always two way game.
8) Always be a Consultative Seller – Always be ready to reply to your customers even after you have done your sale. Become their Consultant of the product/Service rather than a Seller on Social World
Hope you find these Powerful Strategies Powerful enough to boost your Unselling techniques on Social World. So Get going!!
Your Digital Seller